Egyptians really loved cats! Like, they would literally kill you over them!
Medieval Europeans, uh…often felt differently.
In an effort to bring some levity after a string of more “serious” episodes, John decided to investigate the history of the role cats have played in religion. Surely that would be an adorable story! Things got dark quick. Jess Collins (who really likes the movie “Kedi“) makes her second appearance to hear all the delightful cat stories.
Tao Tao Holmes – “Ritualistic Cat Torture Was Once a Form of Town Fun”
Joshua L. Mark – “Cats in the Middle Ages”
Irina Metzler – “Why Cats were hated in Medieval Europe”
#2.21 – Rule by Deception – Part Three of "Disinformation" – Hard to Believe – A Podcast About Belief
- #2.21 – Rule by Deception – Part Three of "Disinformation"
- #2.20 – Maria Against History – The twilight of the Romanovs in their own words
- #2.19 – The Legend of Polybius – with Tyler Birth
- #2.18 – Rev. Dr. Marcia Ledford – The Religious Left in the Age of Trumpism
- #2.17 – Michael Blanding – on "North by Shakespeare"