Egyptians really loved cats! Like, they would literally kill you over them!
Medieval Europeans, uh…often felt differently.
In an effort to bring some levity after a string of more “serious” episodes, John decided to investigate the history of the role cats have played in religion. Surely that would be an adorable story! Things got dark quick. Jess Collins (who really likes the movie “Kedi“) makes her second appearance to hear all the delightful cat stories.
Tao Tao Holmes – “Ritualistic Cat Torture Was Once a Form of Town Fun”
Joshua L. Mark – “Cats in the Middle Ages”
Irina Metzler – “Why Cats were hated in Medieval Europe”
Why the End is Always Near – with Dr. Lisa Vox – Hard to Believe
- Why the End is Always Near – with Dr. Lisa Vox
- Speak of the Devil – with Joseph Laycock
- Hard to Believe – A Very Special Episode: QANON
- The Life of Aleister Crowley, with author Richard Kaczynski
- HTB Flashback: Prof. Kris Lane on Christopher Columbus, Washington Irving, and the Toppling of Outdated Statues