Egyptians really loved cats! Like, they would literally kill you over them!
Medieval Europeans, uh…often felt differently.
In an effort to bring some levity after a string of more “serious” episodes, John decided to investigate the history of the role cats have played in religion. Surely that would be an adorable story! Things got dark quick. Jess Collins (who really likes the movie “Kedi“) makes her second appearance to hear all the delightful cat stories.
Tao Tao Holmes – “Ritualistic Cat Torture Was Once a Form of Town Fun”
Joshua L. Mark – “Cats in the Middle Ages”
Irina Metzler – “Why Cats were hated in Medieval Europe”
#3.3 – Leaving God with John Follis – Hard to Believe – A Podcast About Belief
- #3.3 – Leaving God with John Follis
- #3.2 – The Internet and the Cult of Free Speech – with Fredrick Brennan
- #3.1 – The Truth Is Out There – with "Strange Arrivals" host Toby Ball
- The Matrix Resurrections – KeanuClub #83 – January 2022
- #2.35 – John Masefield and The Box of Delights – Featuring Philip W. Errington and Piers Torday